The IFPO has a vacancy for an Administrator/Executive Assistant, to support the Chief Executive Officer and the work that we do. The Irish Fish Producers Organisation is Ireland’s longest established representative body for fish producers. Our members are owners of commercial sea-fishing vessels of all sizes across the country, and our head office is in Killybegs, Co Donegal.
Role of the Administrator/Executive Assistant
Skills Required by the Administrator/Executive Assistant
We are seeking candidates with the following skills:
- A high level of IT competence, and familiar with use of MS Office.
- An excellent telephone manner with clear and precise communication skill sets and good interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work independently and to self-manage with strong organizational skills and provide customized administrative support.
- Typing, formatting, and editing and maintaining reports, documents, and presentations and a competence with numbers.
- Bookkeeping and best practice maintenance of records in electronic and paper formats.
Applicants should have experience in the following areas:
- Scheduling of appointments and maintenance of an events/ meeting calendar.
- Liaising with management and stakeholders, answering calls, and making travel arrangements.
- Use of office software- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook,
- Utilising MS Office for forward administrative planning and scheduling.
- Creating and managing documents and spreadsheets
- Some knowledge of accounting and accounting packages such as Sage accounts would be beneficial.